I don’t know about you, but I am a morning person. I like to get up early and start my day with a healthy breakfast. I go to work every day, so I don’t know if my lunch break will actually be for lunch or for any other activity that may come up. That is why I have a substantial meal in the morning, to keep me going possibly for the entire day. I still get hungry in the afternoon, but at least I don’t feel the urge to eat at 10 AM.
One of my favorite breakfasts is made of an egg omelette, toast, and coffee. The reason I chose an omelette is that it’s one of the most nutritious meals you can have in the morning. I add some meat, chicken or bacon cubes, and vegetables such as bell peppers and onions. It has anything you need to get a strong supply of energy. You have proteins, carbs, and fiber. Just what you need to start the day.
Until a few years ago, I didn’t even know that there are pans specially designed for omelettes. But when I found out, I was all over it. I like using mine almost every morning. Yes, I eat an omelette virtually every day. It’s my favorite, so I don’t get sick of it. It makes my job so much easier than with a regular pan. And the omelette looks a lot better too.
The advantages of using an omelette pan
As I said, I am crazy about my pan. It significantly improves the way I cook eggs. There are a lot of benefits of using one. That is why I thought I should share.
- ü All the best omelette pans come with a non-stick cooking surface. That means you don’t have to use much oil. I don’t use oil at all. I just mix a teaspoon of butter with the eggs. Or if I put bacon in it, I don’t use butter at all. The omelette doesn’t stick to the pan. A hate the greasy kind. I feel like I am eating a pound of oil for some reason. But that’s just me. The point is that non-stick means a lot less oil, which means better health.
- ü Using an omelette pan will not ruin the meal’s appearance. You know that situation when you put an omelette in the pan, but it gets stuck to the cooking surface, and you say to yourself “what the hell? I’ll have scrambled eggs after all”. It sounds familiar, right? But with a specially designed pan, you can flip the omelette as if it’s a pancake. It will save its shape and appearance.
- ü It’s smaller than a regular pan. That means it will occupy little space among your kitchenware. This does not apply if you have a large family and choose a big pan.
- ü It’s very easy to clean. Most models are dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to bother washing it by hand. The non-stick feature saves you a lot of scrubbing. It’s clean in under 2 minutes.
What to look for in the best omelette pan?
Not all pans can cook a perfect omelette. There are a few factors that you should consider before making a purchase. Unfortunately, not all brands provide high-quality products, despite the things they advertise. But if you pay attention to details, you should be able to make a smart choice. Here are the most important factors that will make your omelette making an easy and fast process.
- ü As I said before, most omelette pans have a non-stick feature. But that also means some of them don’t, so go for the non-stick one. It will save you a lot of trouble. It will not turn your omelette in scrambled eggs and will be very easy to clean. It will also preserve the appearance of your meal. Plus, no more oil excess. It’s not very healthy anyway. A good choice would be to go for the ceramic models. I’ve never heard anyone complaining that their food gets stuck on the surface of a ceramic pan. That is the whole purpose of ceramic, after all.
- ü What shape would you like? Unlike regular pans, omelette pans come in a variety of shapes. You have round, square, half-moon, or even triangular. That mostly depends on your preference. The form of the pan will not affect the meal. It may be a little difficult to turn the omelette in a square pan, but it’s possible. You just have to get the hang of it.
- ü The handle should be comfortable and oven-safe. I don’t put much value on ergonomic design, but a lot of people do. For me, the handle is perfect as long as I can grab it firmly and is riveted. Also, I should be able to put the pan in the oven. Plastic can melt, so I prefer stainless steel. Stainless steel is a poor heat conductor, so the handle will not get hot. You can’t burn your hand in case you forget to put a towel on it. It happened to me too many times. That’s how I learned about the stainless steel being a poor heat conductor.
- ü Would you consider buying a double pan? Some models come that way. There are two pans attached with hinges on the opposite side of the handles. It makes flipping the omelette very easy. You just turn the pan upside down, and you are done. Even if you are the most inexperienced cook who cannot flip a pancake, you cannot mess that up. It’s just too easy.
- ü Som models can also be used for making afrittata. I love the occasional frittata, which is why the pan I use is frittata-friendly. I don’t know to tell you the exact difference between a frittata pan and a regular or an omelette pan, but I think it has something to do with the handle. You cannot make that unless you can insert the pan in the oven, so I guess the handle must be oven-safe. But that’s just an assumption.
What are the best omelette pans?
I couldn’t tell you precisely. I haven’t tried them all. That’s not possible. However, I trust online reviews. When I go online, before pushing the “Add to cart” button, I read a few reviews to see if there are any complaints about the product. I am not going to listen to petty opinions because let’s face it, some of them are absurd, but anything else that is relevant goes.
Hommate9-Inch Healthy Green Ceramic Omelette Pan
I chose to review this model first because this is the pan I have at home. I’ve had it for quite some time now, and it’s pretty durable. It has a few scratches on the exterior, but that is my fault. The interior is coated with an organic, water-based ceramic, which means it’s as healthy to cook in it as it gets. Teflon, for example, eliminates toxic vapors if it gets heated over 350º F, but ceramic is clean. It’s even FDA approved.
Nothing can stick to this pan. Once I got distracted, and I left the pan on the stove for too long. The food got burned, but the blackened layer didn’t stick to the surface. I placed the pan under the running faucet, and it was gone. You can cook your omelette without worries. It will not stick. Cleaning it is even easier than cooking. But this pan is dishwasher safe, so you can just throw in there and get it out squeaky clean.
The interior is reinforced with titanium elements. That means scratching is not in this pan’s vocabulary, so to speak. You can spin a fork on its surface, and still won’t get affected. It is more durable than any other pan I have ever owned. The bottom is specially designed so that heat gets distributed evenly, there are no hot spots.It’s not wobbly either. You can put it in the oven as long as the temperature doesn’t exceed 400º Fahrenheit.
Overall, the Hommateomelette pan is lightweight, it’s made of aluminum. The handle is made of stainless steel, which means it stays cool while on the stove. It’s very easy to handle, which is why I like it so much. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Happycall Double Omelette Pan
This is what I was speaking of above. I would really like to try one of these. I’ve seen other people using it, but I haven’t. They made it all look so easy. Maybe I will buy it in the future, just so I can play with it in my kitchen.
The Happycall pan, just as any other high-quality omelette pan, features a non-stick cooking surface. You can use little to no oil when you are cooking your eggs. If you are like me and don’t like a greasy omelette, then this model is ideal for you. Non-stick also translates into easy cleaning. But this too is dishwasher safe, so you don’t have to bother scrubbing it in the sink.
The two pans are attached using a simple hinge system. But what’s the best thing about this is that it has a silicone seal that locks both moisture and smoke. The omelette will taste a lot better and will be soft and juicy. Not to mention that flipping an omelette with this product is a piece of cake. Just so you know, it doesn’t matter which pan you put on the stove first. They are both the same.
You can cook a lot of things in this pan other than an omelette. The easy-flipping feature makescooking a child’s play. You can make baked potatoes, slow-roasted vegetables, fish, steak, fajitas, frittatas, and much more. So go for it! Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
Nordic Ware Italian Frittata and Omelette Pan
To be honest, I love the design on this one. It looks very fancy. When I look at it, I imagine that is from a fancy restaurant’s kitchen, and all the famous chefs are using it. I don’t know why. It’s just a feeling.
You can make the best omelettes and frittatas in this Nordic Ware pan, both in the oven and on the stove. There is no temperature limit. It’s made of stainless steel, so durability is not an issue. It is very lightweight and easy to use. As you may have expected, this also features a non-stick cooking surface. Nothing will get ruined, and cleaning will be done in a minute or two, depending on what you made.
The versatility on this one is what appeals to me the most. You can close the pan using the other half, and you can flip an omelette without ruining it. However, you can also cook in both halves. I find that amazing. Just place the pan on your stove and open it. In one half, you can cook your eggs, and in the other half, you can cook vegetables or French toast. Click here to read more reviews and buy on Amazon.
I feel as if I have to betray my original choice. I like my Hommate9-InchOmelette Pan, but I already wishlisted the Nordic Ware Italian Frittata and Omelette Pan. Most of the pans have the features of the pan in my kitchen, but few provide the ones on the Nordic Ware. And that is why I think that the Nordic Ware is one of the best omelette pans I have ever seen.
Some people take cooking seriously, and I can understand why. It’s a necessary activity that can be relaxing and enjoyable at the same time. Investing in high-quality kitchenware is a great starting point. Not only they will last longer than poorly constructed products, but it will also turn cooking and cleaning into a lovely experience. Click here to buy on Amazon
- What Is So Fascinating About Best Pan for Omelettes?
- Best Non Stick Omelette Pan – the Story
- Life After Small Omelette Pan
- Get the Scoop on Perfect Omelette Pan Before You’re Too Late
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Omelette Maker Pan
- Techniques for Folding Omelette Pan That Only Couple of People Know
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Omelet Pans Best Rated Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- The Undeniable Truth About Omelette Frying Pan That No One Is Sharing With You
- What Everybody Dislikes About Omelette Skillet and Why
- The Key to Successful Non Stick Omelette Pan
- Top Best Omelette Pan Guide!
- The Secrets of Omlette Pan Exposed
- What to Expect From Omelette Pan?
- A Deadly Mistake Uncovered on Omelette Pan for Induction Hob and How to Avoid It
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Japanese Omelette Pan
- The Good, the Bad and Egg Omelet Pan
- Definitions of Egg Non Stick Omelette Pan
- Best Pans Secrets
- The Unusual Puzzle Into Professional Omelette Pan
- The New Fuss About Stainless Steel Omelette Pan
- Life, Death and Cast Iron Omelette Pan
- The Basics of Nordic Ware Italian Frittata and Omelette Pan You Will be Able to Benefit From Beginning Immediately
- The Hidden Truth on Best Non Stick Pan
- Best Frying Pan Can Be Fun for Everyone
- The Mystery of Best Non Stick Frying Pan That No One Is Discussing
- Getting the Best Clad 8 Inch Omelette Pan
- Understanding Best Cooking Pans
- Buying Omelet Skillet
- The Basic Facts of All Clad Omelette Pan
- The Hidden Truth Regarding Frying Pan Uncovered by an Expert
- Sensitive Facts About Best Pan for Making Omelettes Only the Pros Know About
- Solutions to Omelette Cooker
- Buying Induction Omelette Pan
- The Downside Risk of Omelette Pan Best That No One Is Talking About
- Why Everybody Is Talking About French Omelette Pan…The Simple Truth Revealed